- Supports Healthy Female Balance, 40 mgGluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Vitex Agnus Castus goes by many names, including Chastetree Berry. The small tree is indigenous to the Mediterranean area, although it can grow in temperate areas worldwide. It is an attractive bush with finger-like leaves and thin violet, blue or pink flowers. The fruit produced by this tree is a dark brown to black berry, about the size of a peppercorn, with a spicy pepper flavor. The Chaste Berry has a long history of use in folklore.
- In the ancient writings of Roman Naturalist, Pliny the Elder, the name Vitex is derived from the Latin word, “vieo” which refers to weaving, since the bark of the vitex tree was used to weave baskets. The reference to ‘Chaste’ is due to references that the plant was considered Sacred to the Goddess Hestia/Vesta. It was mentioned in the 4th century BC by Hippocrates, “ the father of modern medicine”, and was indicated in The King’s American Dispensary for female balance *.
- During ancient Greek and Roman times, the Priestess of the Temple would eat the berries. Another name for the plant, Monk’s Pepper, came from the use by medieval monks due to its spicy flavor. Modern research shows that Chaste Berry has a regulating effect on the female system *.
- PERFECT CHOICE: By using Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology, Nature’s Answer assures you the quality of each ingredient by identifying the purity of every incoming botanical, promising you the purest form of each extract in every product.